Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mariners Compass Quilt Blocks

This is what happens at my house when you repaint a room and don't have anything to hang up on the walls.

I had taken a quilting class to learn to make paper pieced mariners compass blocks.
These are those blocks.
I'd never gotten around to making enough of them to have a quilt, so these were just sitting in the drawer.
So mom suggested that we frame them and put them up on the wall.
I thought that they would be boring to just have two rows of three, or four and two...
so I decided to set them on point to add more interest.

It's not every day that you have to know how to hang 6 square frames on point, and get it to all look balanced on the wall...

I know that I wouldn't have made more of these blocks. I didn't feel that they would hold up in a quilt top, so that this was a nice way to put them to use.

No comments: