Sunday, September 21, 2008

HAED Twilight

I've been working on the HAED design "Twilight" by James C Christensen.
I'm doing it one over one on a 25 count white lugana.
It is my first HAED design, and my biggest project to tackle...
I did purchase a second design, but I'm not silly enough to have two of these monsters going at the same time. But I loved the second pattern, so I got it, and the material to do it was cut from the same yardage.

I picked it up again to kill some time because my arm was swollen from finding weeds that don't seem to like me, and now I'm just trying to finish up the pages that I have started. I have 4 of the 40 pages done completely. I have 3 pages that I have partially done that I'm working on at the moment. I'm not sure that those are the right numbers, but I'm too tired to go look.

I'll try to post a photo of my progress on this at some point soon. It's far enough that it's starting to show the picture, and not just be background and sky.

The old woman's blue hair is crazy. Just so many colors in it. And her face is over three different pages, so that's playing with my head and slowing me down.

I haven't decided if it's better to stick to just the page I'm working on, or check the next page and catch those stitches too. Since the pages don't always break on the 10, then I'm worried about shifting my counts.

I'm trying to stitch a bit each day, to wind down if nothing else. But I don't want to stitch when I'm really tired and screw it up. If in doubt, I stitch background and sky...
It just goes so slowly to see any real progress.

But last week for a couple of days I did get 8 hours or more of stitching done on it each day.

But it was only to do while swollen, and that's mostly gone now, so I need to get back to the other designs that were all nearly finished.
And I also need to get back to a quilt design that got sidelined while I was stitching.

There is never enough hours in the day to do the things we enjoy.

No comments: