Thursday, October 30, 2008

Quaker Diamond - Finished Photo

Here is a final photo of Hillside Samplings - Quaker Diamond.
I cut my own mat, and was very pleased with the results.
I followed the pattern, but stitched it one over one on the corner motifs.
If you want to see it stitched one over two, there is another photo of it done that way in this blog.
I also made the b and d look more alike, lowered the middle of the e one row, made the m and n more equal, and shifted the y one row to the left or right because I miscounted...
Added a stitch at the f and t, added a stitch on the right corner to make a point...

The pattern calls for two colors, but I think that this looks just fine done in a single color.
Done on 32 count, one over one, Mulberry thread from Weeks Dye Works that matched the purple suede mat. The frame size is an 8 x 8 square, and the mat was cut 8 x 8.
The cut out is 5 3/4 from top to bottom, and 6 from side to side. The pattern itself is not square, and is slightly diamond shaped.

No comments: