Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 done, 2009 goals and plans

And another year of stitching ends.
Seems like it's been a productive year.

It ends with one quilt at the quilters, and the binding ready and waiting.
I've already forgotten what it looks like. Out of sight, out of mind.
The binding is black, so that doesn't help me much. I'll post a finished photo.
Ah, it's a stacked fabric pattern, and has really wide black borders to float the design.

The next quilt is already started. I am still ironing material, and cutting pieces, and I might have a third of the blocks for the center completed. I need 192 for the center, and another 100 for the borders.

I have several cross stitch designs waiting to be put into frames. I have the frames, just haven't gotten around to getting it done.

I still haven't gotten the back stitching done on the flowers from Silver Lining. I have other projects that I would rather start. They have fallen to the bottom of the list for another year.

I'm looking forward to starting the new Ink Circles design. I have the frame, just still waiting for the mailman to fill the mailbox. I'm sure it won't get started the day it comes, but I'll bet it gets started before the next day is over. My goal is to get it stitched and framed, and a photo of it up on the web. I'm very glad that I have completed the first two in the series, and enjoy them on the wall everyday.

I've enjoyed stitching this year again. I had let it go for a few years. The last time I was buying fabric to stitch on, they didn't have hand dyes. And the thread choices were DMC and Anchor.
It was nice to pick it back up again, find lots of new fabrics, threads and patterns.

I'm pretty happy with the patterns and fabrics that I've gotten this year, and I plan to just try to complete what I purchased this year. Most of the patterns that I have will all take more than a month to complete. I have 5 Long Dog designs to do or complete, and a couple of Mariska designs, and the Heaven and Earth design I have started, and another Heaven and Earth to do.
I have a couple of smaller thing, to break it up, but not much. I also have two of the Lavender and Lace angels of Winter and Autumn that I'd like to do. I did the Spring angel years ago.

And I also think that it would be nice to draw out a quaker pattern of my own. When I've tried to just draw something to fill in a space on a design, it doesn't seem to come naturally, so I'm sure that I'm no threat to the pattern makers of the world.

I'm looking forward to stitching this year, and I know already that I won't get it all done.

No comments: