Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Matter's Choice Progress


This will be my first finish for 2009, and is so dated.
I added the numbers and added the year date. It would have been nice to match the lettering style with the numbers, but I didn't want to add that much more time to this project.
I added the 'U', and would have matched it better, but the extra stitches would have landed in the same place as the 'T' next to it, so I decided to keep it simple. I omitted the two 'half hearts' on the bottom border. Added the little top flower to the plant to the left of the house.
I did make an effort to keep the fencing color changes the same. It sort of worked out.
I still think I prefer the variegated thread on more abstract designs.
I'm hoping that by the time it's framed it will look fine, but not be a favorite piece.
I think that I would have preferred it in dmc 902 or a dark blue, and all one color.

No comments: