Friday, August 29, 2008

Just A Stitching Pause...

There has been a slight pause in my stitching while I've been trying to get a new car.
So much stress in trying to get everything done, that I've lost 10 pounds this week.
That's the only bonus from it all.
Mentally I'm exhausted.

I started a new small stitching project. Quaker Diamond.
Stitched with Weeks Dye Works - Mulberry Thread.
One over one on 32 count, with the parts that are suppose to have one over two done, still done one over one, but using 4 small stitches to be the same as one over two.
Did it for my mother, this ones for me.

Tried to finish up a bit more on Paradigm Lost.

Working on drawing out the last design on Quaker Virtues to find the mistakes that I can see are there. At least my version of her design will make sense for me to stitch. I can see that it's shifted a couple of places, and because it's the design on the corner angle, my eye can't see where the stitches need to be, or not be. Just re-drawing it will now, will let me just stitch it later instead of having to correct the pattern in my head while stitching.

Still want to change a couple of designs on the Quaker Christmas pattern. Just don't care for the flowers in the vases cut in half. Needs better flowers if nothing else to make it look better to my eye.

Just not enough hours in my day.
But things should be shifting back to normal now that I have a new car, and that ordeal is over.
I'm playing catch up for a few days with normal household things, and then I'll be back in front of the television and stitching again.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

St. Sylvestre from Long Dog Samplers


Here's a photo of St. Sylvestre from Long Dog Samplers. It's done on black lugana or jobelan, 25 or 28 count. It was done with Weeks Dye Works Whiskey colored thread which is variegated.
It's stitched one over one.
My mother liked the pattern and it's 'lacy' look, so it was a gift to her.
I added a stitch or two to the arrow points to make them true arrow points, and skipped the outline thread backstitching that ran along the inside and outside of the circle in the open areas.
The picture doesn't do the design justice, and it is a very pretty design, and it stitches pretty quickly. Didn't know whether to do all the fussy backstitching in the pattern itself because I wasn't sure if it would show anyway. I decided to followed that part of the pattern, and it does add to the texture and lace feel by adding those details.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Quaker Virtues Progress Photo #5

Still working on Quaker Virtues from Bygone Stitches.
I replaced the butterfly design in the bottom right side with a partial design from the Long Dog Scarlet Ribands pattern. I've also gone back and entered the numbers to the design, and swapped the 4 and the 8 in the upper right side. The numbers are all there, but I re-formed some of them slightly to be more pleasing to my eye. I re-formed the 'G'. The rabbit returned to the design, but not in the same location. It's going to take me a bit extra to get the last design on there, I can see that the last big design is a few stitches off here and there, so I want to figure it out before I start to stitch.
I'm ready to move on to another project, and hope to have this one completed yet this week.
At this point, I'm still intending to omit the lowercase letters completely.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ink Circles - Cirque des Triangles - Triangles Pattern

Here is a photo of my Ink Circles - Cirque des Triangles completed and framed.
I used 25 count lugana black, one over one. I used Weeks Dye Works floss in the color Whiskey, which is variegated. The frame was from Michaels, right off the shelf, 11 x 14 I think.
It appears matted, but is not, just the border of the black fabric that it stitched on.
I also did the companion circles pattern, same fabric, same thread, same frame.
It really was a pleasure to cross stitch both of these designs.

Ink Circles - Cirque des Cercles - Circles Pattern


Here is a photo of my Ink Circles - Cirque des Cercles completed and framed.
I used 25 count lugana black, one over one. I used Weeks Dye Works floss in the color Whiskey, which is a variegated thread.
The frame was from Michaels and was right off the shelf, 11 x 14 I think.
It appears matted, but is not, just the border of the black fabric that it was stitched on.
I also did the companion triangles pattern, same fabric, same thread, same frame.

And just to humor you, there are 19870 individual stitches in this pattern. At least the way that it looks above there are. I'm sure that I adjusted the pattern slightly when something didn't mirror the other side of the circle.

Both of the designs are framed behind glass, and so the photos don't do them justice.
I liked the version that Marc Davis did with the DMC thread, but that wasn't available to me, so tried the Whiskey instead, and I'm very happy with the results.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Quaker Virtues Progress Photo #4

Just a little bit more done. I think today is my two month mark, since I started it June 12.
Also the photo is taken with my new camera. It's laying across a pillow, so that's why it doesn't appear square.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Quaker Virtues Progress Photo #3


And one more week later.
I didn't get to work on it as much as I would have liked, but there is still progress compared to the photo from a week ago.
It was time to move the hoop, so a good time to take the photo.
Moved the C just slightly.
Still have a letter G to do next to the bird.
Still skipping the lower case alphabet and numbers.
Getting the center design stitched makes it seem much closer to being done.
Back to stitching the designs across the top next.

Not the best photos, but I still can't seem to find another photo of this design on the web that shows most of the design completed. I'm sure that there are others completed, I'm just not finding photos.