Sunday, February 15, 2009

Lots and Lots of Puppies



Posting photos isn't my best thing, and it's not doing what I want...

But this is the last odd one, so just bear with me...

On the left is what I called 'Purple Puppies', and again with the extra block on the back of the quilt. I liked the idea of having a puppy sleeping under the blanket next to the child.
It was given away to charity, and I hope that it found a child that would love it.

The quilt on the right was for a co-worker's child. I didn't know her very well, but she was always nice to me. It may look a bit odd to have the puppys laid out this way, but the reason to do this is the drop over the mattress sides and end of a twin bed. That way the puppies are correct and not sideways when you are standing looking at the quilt on the bed and appear around the mattress sides.
I think that this one was the only larger version that I made.

It was a quick and easy pattern, and used up a lot of scraps. The only thing that they all had in common was their little black noses. Each quilt was just a little bit different.

I hope that they all found good homes and were loved.
In the end, I had one puppy block left over. It is pinned above my sewing machine waiting for me to make him more friends...

No comments: