Tuesday, June 16, 2009

C30 Alphabets - More

Just a bit more on the C30 Alphabets pattern. The more I stitch this, the more I like this pattern. Got distracted by all the free internet patterns, but I'm back on track to stitching. I really need to just finish up what I have started. Of course, that's easy to say after just starting another pattern two days ago. Now I just can't seem to stitch fast enough.
The SAL that is also doing this pattern is working on the part that I haven't stitched yet.
Even in a SAL, I can't manage to just follow the directions, and stitch with the group.

Still need to finish add and changes to the other things I'm stitching. I guess that's the price I pay for wandering away from the original patterns.

I placed an order for floss, and lugana May 25. I just got an e-mail saying one of the materials is gone back-order, but they are going to send me the rest. I'm sure that I have enough projects going that it will be a while before I get to the next pattern that I wanted the material for.
Three weeks, and I'm still waiting for an order, but most of it might be on the way soon.
At least it was all on sale. I don't mind waiting as much when I didn't pay full price for everything. It's that 'pay full price, and wait for a month' for my order, that drives me crazy.

On the other hand, yesterday while printing out patterns, my printer ran out of ink. I compared ordering a cartridge on-line, $58 with free shipping, verses buying it locally for $71 including sales tax.
I'm cheap, and that $13 differance is a lot of dmc floss, so I ordered it. Free shipping is 7 - 10 days, so I was really surprised to see the FedEx truck at my house less than 24 hours later with my new ink cartridge. Amazed is probably a better word to use.
Buy.com had amazing service, and since amazing service is a rare thing, I'm more than happy to mention my experience with them. I've bought from them before, but not for a couple of years. But I do try to price compare to them. Sometimes, they are the better deal.

And the other printer is also out of ink. And the dvd player crapped out, which is the second one to crap out in less than two months. But thanks to the internet, the second dvd player problem is a common problem with that model, and can be easily fixed for just the price of a new capacitor that I can solder in myself.
Gotta love the internet - free fixes, free patterns, free shipping.

No comments: