Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sometimes You Just Have To

Sometimes you just have to start a project, just to see what it will look like.
This was that project. I pulled the floss, just to see the colors. Then I looked at the floss against my fabric stash, knowing that I really didn't want to do it on white or cream, so I looked at the pile of floss on the green.
My plan was to use the green for another project, but the next thing I know, I'm cutting out a quarter of the piece of material. Ah, well, another fabric for the other project someday...

I've watched other people stitch this pattern on other blogs, and suddenly, I'm stitching it, and I'm not sure how that happened. Honest. I had such good intentions of finishing up my current projects, and I don't think that this would have been in the next 5 projects to stitch, yet, here is my progress since Sunday.

I would like mention that I'm stitching it with DMC floss, and two colors, 3857 and 221, are ridiculously close in color, and next to each other in the pattern. So much so that the design doesn't show, on the birds back.
The alternate silks must really differ in color to DMC floss, comparing the cover photo to my photo. The pattern cover photo is all much darker.

Still can't believe that I'm stitching this pattern. Total cost for the project so far... $3.

No comments: