Friday, November 6, 2009

Long Dog Samplers - Scarlet Ribands - Framed

Long Dog Samplers - Scarlet Ribands finally framed.
Frame from Target for $21. Needed an odd, nearly square frame, but not square frame.
This frame is 13.5 x 14.75. It comes only in white, so the framed was painted satin black.
Stitched on 28 count white evenweave, one over one, with Weeks Dye Works - Strawberry Fields floss - using nearly 50 yards of 6 strand floss. Designs finished at 10.75 x 11.5 .

Made lots of little changes to the design, including the text. The text is now lines that Mr. Darcy says in the series 'Lost In Austen'. So now this is my 'Scarlet Ribands / Lost In Austen' sampler.
The original pattern text just doesn't match my view of the world, so personalizing it with the 'Lost In Austen' text was an option that makes the sampler reflect April - July of 2009, and I'm happy with the results.

2 comments:

MarchAnn58 said...

I am not a fan of red but this piece could change my mind. It is beauitful and you did a wonderful job.

Viooltje (Violet) said...

Obviously Mr.B and I are both in l♥ve with your changes.
You made it a GREAT sampler!
A joy for the eyes!
:o)

(this one is also in my stash and I've used several of it's motifs to make changes on other samplers and I was planning some text changes whenever I'll stitch this complete sampler someday in the future too, LOL)