Thursday, December 24, 2009

St Reatham Finished

St Reatham from Long Dog Sampler is finished.
Started Dec 4, 2008 and finished just over a year later.
Stitched on 28 count lambswool jobelan, with dmc 815 floss, one over one.
Tried to keep track of how much floss, but I don't know how accurate my tracking was.
My records show 8 packages of 8 yards six strands. There might have been at least one more.

I changed the numbers so they didn't overlap. The candlestick and star so they didn't overlap.
Omitted what was on the letter P that looked like an udder to me...
Shortened the peacock that is below the letter N.
Changed the squirrels in that same area. Added the flowers next to the initials. Changed the animal to a flower in the upper left.

I had watched other blogs that were stitching this pattern, and they seemed to say that it just takes forever to get through this pattern. Now that I've stitched it, I agree. It's not more difficult or more detailed. I can't explain it, it just takes longer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! I have it in my stash to stitch some day when I am feeling particularly ambitious...