Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bramble and the Rose - Finished

Bramble and the Rose - Finished.
Stitched on 25 count black lugana, one over one. Finished size is 9.25 inches square.
Stitched with Weeks Dye Works - Whiskey floss. Used all but three 18 inch single strands of the full 30 yards of 6 strand floss.

Thank you for all of the nice comments about this project.
I want to do several patterns with the whiskey on black, and hang them together.
So far I've completed this, and also Growth Rings, and plan on adding Quaker Floral, and a couple of the Long Dog patterns. I've stitched all the Cirque patterns on black with whiskey, and they all hang together, but this will be a second group.

My first start for the new year, and my first completion for the new year.

4 comments:

mollycaff said...

Absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on your finish and I look forward to seeing your future stitching.

totallythreadup said...

I think this is absolutely stunning. I have just bought the fabric and threads for my B & R but am sooo tempted to copy yours!! After reading your blog recently I bought some whiskey floss on Monday and am planning a small SAL on black fabric with Sandra (mollycaff)in a few months time. If my eyes can cope with the black fabric I may well stitch CDC. Well done :)

Blu said...

It's absolutely stunning! That gold on black is fabulous. And you're fast!

All your Cirques are gorgeous too!

claire93 said...

WOW !!!!!! it's beautiful and has me really really impatient to make a start on mine. A truly inspirational piece of stitching - well done !