Friday, February 5, 2010

Goode Huswife - With My Needle - Finished


With My Needle from The Goode Huswife - Finished.
Used DMC floss as suggested on the pattern, on 28 count white evenweave fabric.
Stitched one over one. Omitted the text, and changed the butterflies. Outlined the arms so they didn't just blend into the background, added swirls, and gave her a mouth. Used the top border to weight the top of the design. Stitched area is 4.5 inches width, 4.75 inches height.

This is the way I had always pictured stitching this pattern, but you never know if the changes you have pictured in your mind will or won't work till you stitch it.

3 comments:

mollycaff said...

Congratulations on your finish, she looks lovely!

claire93 said...

I don't think I've seen so many finishes anywhere else this year! lovely job

claire93 said...

I don't think I've seen so many finishes anywhere else this year! lovely job