Friday, March 26, 2010

Pumpkins and Peacocks - Finished

Pumpkins and Peacocks from The Goode Huswife.
Started March 24, 2010 - Finished March 26, 2010.
Stitched with dmc floss on 25 count black lugana, one over one.
Changed the peacocks bodies and heads, and added a pumpkin.
Finished size is slightly over 3 x 4.5 inches.
While I still had a scrap of black handy, it seemed like a quick pattern to stitch.

The highlight this week was e-mailing Tracy at Ink Circles, and having her post my Quaker Floral Puzzle on her blog. She had such nice things to say, both on her blog, and on my blog, and so it was all a thrill. For me, a truly great design can be stitched many different ways and it will always be beautiful. She's proven that over and over again in her designs.
Thanks Tracy.

And I wanted to thank Claire for the nice Sunshine Award. It was my first too. Thank you.
I'm not very good about passing things on though. I always say that I could never hold a tupperware party, because nobody would come.

Today, I went to make a couple of stitching copies of patterns at the local copy shop.
The woman at the copy shop said she would never make copies for me, because that would violate the copyright. I told her that I knew she wasn't a stitcher.
The next place I went was a major office supply chain. I waited because there was only one woman in front of me. The girl finished with the woman and then went back to her copier and yelled at me saying that what ever I wanted she couldn't possibly do today. She didn't even ask me what I wanted.
The next place I went, the woman working the counter was a stitcher, so she understood, but her copier didn't do large paper.

Even just stitching the Pumpkins and Peacock above, I stitched a night, and then had to start over because I miscounted one stitch. It was nice to start with a clean pattern copy again, and not one that was half highlighted, and trying to remember where I needed to restitch.
I can't imagine stitching any pattern anymore without a highlighter.

It's really been a week of ups and downs, and I did actually find a nice man at a copy shop that understood why you need copies when you stitch. He made me copies.

1 comment:

claire93 said...

well done on your pumpkins & peacocks ^^
and I know what you mean about photocopies. I ALWAYS make myself a working copy of charts I stitch, simply to keep the original in mint condition and there's absolutely nothing illegal about doing that so *** to the lady at the copy shop!
I invested in my own printer/scanner/photocopier for home use - it only does A4 sized sheets but I copy in bits and can always enlarge if I need to too.