Sunday, May 30, 2010

3000 more stitches

5 of 16 pages completed.
That page was 3000 stitches, and took two really full nights of stitching.
I tried that for fun, but I wouldn't want to do that regularly.

After thinking about these full page patterns, I realized that it would be very easy to pick up the wrong page and stitch away.
The last pattern was 15 pages, this one is 16 pages. All it would take was some late night confusion, and mistaking which page is in which row, and it would really not be funny.
And with so many people stitching these patterns, you know that it has already happened to somebody.

As I was looking at my Escher patterns, I noticed that one pattern was missing a few pages.
That would be really horrible too. It's a pattern with 32 pages, and I was missing about 4 random pages. Stitching 10 pages, then finding I don't have the next page would also be a nightmare. Luckily, I had a second version of the same pattern, and it has all the pages.
But it shows you need to check, and re-check.

Bought floss and material for the next three Escher patterns. It will let me grid the pattern before I start it. I'm sure that 'Drawing Hands' will probably be the next pattern for me to stitch.

But before that happens, I want to finish up the rest of this Escher, and a few more of the WIPs that are shoved off to the side at the moment.

1 comment:

Viooltje (Violet) said...

... that would be a nightmare is an understatement!

Congratulations, good luck, and beware!