6 hours ago
Sunday, June 13, 2010
How A New Project Starts
This is what happens -
1. You finish the word 'Enough', and decide those birds are really too crude and maybe you could substitute something else.
2. You drag out your pattern stash, knowing you'll find something that will work.
3. You can't make up your mind about what to substitute for the birds.
4. There's nothing on tv, but the next Dark Shadows series is waiting.
5. You have another pattern, floss, and scrap evenweave sitting near where you stitch.
6. Then you decide that THIS needs just a hint of color, so you dig through floss till you find some DMC 315.
7. Then stitch until your eyes start to cross, and you just can't count anymore.
Isn't that how every stitcher starts the next project?