Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Finished - Hooray!

Keep Me Sampler from Moira Blackburn.
Stitched on 28 count even weave, one over one, with the Weeks and DMC floss called for on the pattern with only one substitution.
Finished size is 6.5 x 7 inches.

Omitted the outer border, the extra chimneys, the flying birds, the pattern rabbit and squirrel.
Changed the border pattern slightly, omitted the text. Stayed close to the pattern in most of the design.

I wanted to stitch a Moira Blackburn pattern, and I still love the little flower vines on the sides.

I wanted something else under the tree, but those are kind of sad little rabbits I made, so I still might go back and stitch in something else, maybe a flower or something.

Even making the rabbits into rocks might look better...., sad little rabbits...

1 comment:

Blu said...

Congrats! It looks great. I like the patchy walls on the house. They look like bricks from afar.