Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Stitching Away

Trying to get back to my usual Wednesday and Saturday progress photos. At least to post a photo if I have any stitching progress.
The New Year has been productive so far. And with the outer borders partially stitched, then this will finish at 6.5 x 7 inches. I've omitted the text completely, and omitted the fancy outside border. I'm happy with the simplicity of having this as the framing border.

And I finished watching all the episodes of Dark Shadows today. All 1200+ episodes.
128 DVDs, 32 sets of 4. I've watched one of the two movies, and the remade version of the series.
It was a great series to watch ( mostly listen to ) while stitching. There were some great sections, and a few clunker plots along the way, but for me it was an enjoyable journey.
It will be interesting to see where the newest version of the movie goes, but it's still a year or more till it is released.
I wish I could say what I loved about watching it, but it's one of those things I can't quite put my finger on. Some of the lines were fabulous, and yet some of the main characters, I absolutely hated the roles, and yet I hung in there and watched the whole series. And in some way, I suppose that is all part of the charm of the series.
Now the next problem will be - what to watch while stitching?

No comments: