Sunday, April 24, 2011

Start - Spirit of Vierlande



Just HAD to start something new...
Well, it was what I planned to stitch next, I just was going to finish the crochet project first.
I still have about 7 more rows to crochet.

Started Long Dog Samplers - Spirit of Vierlande.
Stitching with dmc 310 black, one over one, on 28 count China Pearl jobelan.

"Do Bears" from Long Dog Samplers was also stitched on China Pearl with brown.
I didn't want to stitch black on white, or antique white.
I wasn't really sure about the black floss. Decided to stitch a page and see, and the only thing I've decided is that it will be the last thing I stitch with all black floss.

Oh, and that big open space needs something different than the pattern shows, don't have a clue what yet. And I've already changed the dragon in the corner by adding stitches here and there, and giving him a belly. I'm going to skip all the alphabets at the top of the pattern.
Couldn't even make it through the first page without changing something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the little dragon! He needed the extra weight - he was too skinny on the chart.