Friday, September 23, 2011

Finished?


I'm looking at this, and thinking this is enough.
Changed the berry things to pinkish floss. Maybe it was too much pink.
I tried to put the year on the right hand side, but it doesn't work.
I don't think a second bird would add to it.
Simpler seems better. Just this alone might be enough.
I saw it made up in the store and really liked it, so I don't know why this just seems nicer now.
Maybe I'm just ready to move on to something else.

Worked on organizing the sewing room. Found the top of the sewing table again.
Need to organize x-stitch patterns and material, and I know when I do, I'll start some other pattern. It's so hard to sort through that and not want to just start something new.

I was pleased that I got more done this week than I did in the last four weeks. But I've spent a lot of time learning to ignore things that needed to be fixed because I couldn't get it all done. I'm trying to fix things, and hoping that I'll be better organized. And at the moment, I don't have any more excuses not to get things done, and make a better life for myself.
I'm at a place in my life that I can make some major life changes, but it needs to start with lots of small changes. But then they say after somebody dies not to make major life changes, don't they. I'll start with just fixing all the things I need to fix and do, and then see where I am again.
So far the spare bedroom is 80% clean and organized. New smoke detector up and seal the windows for winter yet to do.
And the sewing room is 60% cleaned and organized, and last week they were both chaos.

I used to be organized enough that I should have done all that in a single day, but I lost that somewhere too.

Now where are those stitching patterns that I need to put away...

No comments: