Monday, October 24, 2011

Siam Fusion Band Sampler Returns

Back to something I'd started before. Siam Fusion from Sampler Cove.
I'm doing the band sampler design.
All I can remember about this was that it was about $50 just for the fancy floss.
I've never spent so much for just floss.

And just to add to the confusion of stitching this. The original pattern design is long and skinny.
Which makes it hard to put into a standard frame. At the time I thought - no problem, just widen the pattern. For example the original pattern would have had just 5 of the bottom motifs, but mine will have 7.
So I made the new pattern, and got things shifted. Like the original pattern had only one stitch between the bottom motifs, mine has two.
And I stitch the first motif, and then only left one stitch before nearly completing the second one.
Yep, so much for a plan. Ripped out the second motif and started over.
So I look at the original pattern for colors, but not spacing, and my version for spacing but not colors.
And I got to the second motif before I realized I'm not that smart.

I can't go back and just add the proper colors to my version, that computer was crazy after a nearby lightening strike, and I had no back up for that pattern design. And even if I did have a back up, the pattern drawing program will not work with the newest version of Microsoft that is on this computer after the last computer crapped out.

So I have one copy of the changed pattern, and it's been so long ago that I don't remember what I was thinking at the time. So I'll stitch away and see what I end up with.
I'm going to be just as surprised to see what this will look like as everybody else.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Woodland Vines - Finished.


Woodland Vines from Ink Circles - Finished.
Stitched on 25 count black lugana.
Stitched one over one with Weeks Dye Works - Whiskey floss.
Took just under 25 yards of floss.
Finished design area is 9 inches square.
The pattern was in the June 2011 - Issue 64 of 'The Gift of Stitching' on-line magazine.
Started Sept 24, 2011, and finished October 22, 2011.

It's always a pleasure to stitch Tracy's designs.

Friday, October 14, 2011

Almost

Woodland Vines continues...
Used 20 yards of floss at this point, and have 5 of 6 pages completed.
And the finished size will be 9 inches by 9 inches.

I thought it would take over 20 yards of floss, but less than 25 yards.
Now I'm wondering if 25 will be enough.
That should make it more tense as I get closer and closer to either the end of the floss, or the end of the pattern stitches.

And I don't have a clue why I thought that it would be between 20 and 25 yards of floss.
If it took me 28 yards to do Quaker Floral Puzzle, and it finished at 9 inches square, and it is much denser in design, then I might get there with 25 yards yet.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

More Vines

More Woodland Vines from Ink Circles.
4 of 6 pages completed.
Progress is slow, just because I'm not getting the time to stitch.
It is turning into a very nice design.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Vines Continues.

Here's the next photo for Woodland Vines.
Just a few strands of floss short of using 15 yards of floss at this point.
And officially I've completed three of six pages completely.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Tired

Okay, let me just catch up.

To 'gmarais11'
Thanks for letting me inspire you. St. Sylvestre is the hard one because of all the fussy stitching.
But I've stitched it twice, so I obviously like it.
( Hint - if you add a couple of stitches, those arrow points come out so much nicer and symetrical. )
I also love stitching the Ink Circles patterns, so I can only hope that you enjoy stitching her patterns as much as I have.

Next...
I have added a few more stitches to the Woodland Vines. I'll put up a progress photo next time.

Real life is keeping me busy, and too tired to get much stitching done.