Saturday, December 15, 2012

Jingle all the way...

Tracked the Kindle during shipping all the way to my friends house... it was entertaining, but exhausting...
Will it be delivered today - will it be delivered tomorrow, no! it's out for delivery today!!!
She got stuck ordering a cover, so today I sent her a gift card for the cost of the cover.  For some reason, those e-readers just don't feel right without a cover.  But she got to pick out the one she wanted, rather than me picking something - so in the end it works out well, and she got the cover she would have normally picked out for herself.  It arrived safely, and most important, worked.

Meanwhile, this week, my slippers bit the dust.  They were threadbare on the bottom and leaking stuffing.
I used to buy those stuffed animal / character slippers at the big box store.  And they would last a year or two.  They could look like bear feet, or a muppet, or a wolf...
And if I saw them on sale, I'd pick up an extra pair to stash away.  Then the box store didn't have them anymore...  and I was using my last stashed pair...  So I pitched the ones leaving a trail of stuffing, and started looking.  Warmth is the key, I don't care how silly.  Nobody else is going to see them.  So I shopped and found some at another box store, but I had to go out of town to get them.  So I went, the weather is good.  I can't find them so I ask - she pages the whole store saying---  has anybody seen red and white elf slippers, you know, with pointy toes...????  and a scratchy voice comes back saying - by the checkouts...
So I go look, and it takes me a while to finally see them hanging on the wall, but they do have them.
So I grab a few pairs, and take them back to try them on - and naturally, I am half right, so I put some back and get others...  and I buy four pairs, two elf sets, and two reindeer sets complete with antlers...  and they are a good deal.  Buy one, get one free.  So before I can leave, since they still have two more pairs of elf slippers in my size, I buy those too. 
I clean them out of slippers in my size.  I am set for slippers for six years...
And today I have pointy elf toes...  and my feet are really warm, and I am so happy.

And life is good if your feet are warm.
( and part of me really wants to put bells on them so I jingle when I walk... )
I am pretty sure that if you jingle when you walk, and your feet are warm, it would be hard not to smile.
 

No comments: