Friday, January 18, 2013

And the rest...

Can't seem to make blogger work as I expect it to...

Talked to my friend with the husband in the care center to offer to take her to the visitation for her brother-in-law, because I know she is not comfortable driving after dark.  Her kids were going to get her, but I offered.  Her cable company dropped the local broadcast channel, you know, the one she liked, so I offered to lend and hook up an extra antenna so she can watch the local news.  So while I am there, the dog pees on the rug, that morning he had thrown up on the bedspead at 4am, and there was blood in it so she was worried.  She'd had lunch with the neighbor ladies, and had a nearly flat tire when she came out of the restaurant.  The woman just does not get a break, and she is over 80...  The least I could do was to get her so she got to watch the news broadcast that she prefers to watch.

Made it to the movies this week to see Monsters Inc 3D.  Didn't know if it would be changed enough to be worth paying to see it again in 3D, but it was.  The counter kid said- are you here alone???  Yep.  What can I say, I don't have friends that are goofy enough to go to kids movies.  Just me.  $8 including the large drink.

Shopping for dvds again tonight, mostly looking.  That last order I placed had one set that was $85.  I was really worried it would go up in price if I didn't order it, so I did a week ago.  Tonight I noticed it is now $102.  nothing changed other than the price.  Glad that I ordered it when I did, it was the most I have paid for a series at once.  I have noticed some big bounces in prices.  One series went from $35 to $75.  Another went from $60 to $106.  all from US Amazon.  Amazon UK still has some of those same series for half the price.  Even tv series that are made here.  Some shows they are repackaging, and they are half price of what they were for a completed series show.  Pays to check prices.  Was looking for something different, and pulling up clips and shows from youtube to see if it was something worth ordering.  Only found maybe one show, and the other things just seemed odd.  Was surprised at how many complete shows are out there.  Not that they are supposed to be there, but they are.  Actually, because I did get to see a show, it made me want to buy it.  Mostly it was an interesting way to kill the day while doing laundry.  And I didn't order anything... yet...

No comments: