Wednesday, July 10, 2013

And Even Closer....

Oh good golly....
It is Wednesday pm, and the sale is Saturday...
and 'good golly' is not the words I would like to use...

It is not awful.
Well, today as we were pushing the hayrack into the garage stall, we hit the garage door steel trim around the door.  Oops...  Yeah, it dented -
I do not care.  Neither of us have been hurt, and we have done some stupid things.  I have already said that I know something will get busted or broken getting all the stuff out of the house.  I am fine with that too.
As long as none of us get hurt, and we do not have to call the fire department, electrician or plumber - or make a trip to the hospital before this is over - it is a huge success.  I started all this out with literally watching my mother die before my eyes.  It was not a peaceful passing - not at all.  A dent in the siding is nothing compared to where I started with all of this.

So we have 4 hayracks filled with stuff from the garage.  The fourth hayrack is actually crap that we just needed to get up and out of the way and covered with a  huge tarp.  It is wood boxes, and metal fishing boxes, and crap toolboxes, and cabinets that might only bring $5.  But to fit the other three hayracks into the three garage bays, you need that stuff out of the way.  Once the hayracks are in there, there is no room to walk on either side. There is a divider shelf that runs in between where there the walk area would normally be in between two cars in a two car garage.

A photo - I promise a photo...

Thursday is a day of rest.  I will mow.  Thursday night I am hoping my best guy friend shows up and we get to go out to dinner for steak.  He will stay over so we are ready to start Friday morning.  The lady who helps me - her 2 grown sons will help us Friday.  So five of us to sort of preset up as much as possible - but the hayracks will have to come out, and then I have to stay at that house and can't leave.

The doper neighbors would have it all gone by morning before the auction. 
And since there are 8 or more adults living in that house now - they could probably clean me out faster than I ever thought.

The auctioneer will show up Friday, and see what he is not happy with - and we will change it - or move it or whatever.  We are trying to group stuff, but not too fussy.

There are still surprises around every corner.
Today we moved a steel shelf.  There were sheets of tin behind it.  4 x 8 sheets of tin.  I knew there was one - there were four.  We moved some toolboxes we thought were empty - they were not empty... I think there were 4 or 6 boxes like that.  Not lots in each box or full, just more stuff that we need to catch up to stuff that is now sorted and is setting on a hayrack somewhere.

So it all becomes a puzzle remember game. 
Today it was micro-switches.  It is about the size of a deck of cards with a cord.  They started out on a shelf near the door.  Then were moved to the hayrack - then we find another one - and we know they used to be by the door, but are not there anymore - and which hayrack and where on that hayrack???
Then you do other things, and find another micro-switch - any we have now piled things on top of other things - where and under what was that tote of micro-switches?

And we do that over and over with something new all the time.

And hoes - yes - like garden hoes - we must have 20.  And rakes - like garden rakes - 15 or more.
Axes - how big and how sharp would you like it...
There will be photos...
There just must be photos...

No comments: