Friday, February 21, 2014

Filling in the right side...

 Above is the belated photo from the second hoop moving... was just stitching from the center to left side pages.
And this was as of early last night filling in the right hand side pages.  I am stitching for hours each evening - from dark till 3 am or 5 am sometimes.  Then sleep till noon and wait till dark to start stitching again.  Not sure how wide yet, but stitching the middle will keep me busy before I have to decide. 
Went to check on my mom's house with a friend.  He had not seen it since the auction.  I fell twice in the snow - even with him trying to stomp down the snow for me to step and not fall.  It was about thigh deep by the road from the plows pushing snow back into the ditches and driveway.  And when you fall, there is really nothing to push against to get back up again.  The snow just gives way all the way up to your shoulder and you can't touch the bottom.  If I had been alone - I would have been in serious trouble.  And once inside - I wanted to add water to the drains - except turning on the water resulted in NO WATER.  So the guy was expecting a busted pipe - but everything was dry - so I am not sure what is going on - and I will not even bother to try to figure it out till the snow melts.
But I am not worried - and I have been thinking all winter that if a pipe busted it would have run for months - so at least my worst fear was not true.  The winters were good in years I needed them to be good, while my mom had twice daily hospital visits for wound care - and so I will not complain if this year it keeps snowing till May.  But agreeing that is has been a long winter - is not complaining.

No comments: