Friday, January 2, 2015

New Start for the New Year

Here is my new start for the year.
Do Different from Long Dog Samplers.
On 28 count antique white, one over one, dmc 413.
I wanted something more masculine in color for the design.  This is not a color I have stitched a large piece.  I would call it a dark steel gray.  I
The material is that package that is 20 x 27, 28 count evenweave.  I paid $5.99 at some point for the evenweave, but in my stash, that could have been a long time ago.  I needed 19 x 20, and most pieces are 18 x 27.  But some places like Hobby Lobby or Micheals offered the prepackaged 20 x 27 piece by MCG Textiles.

I have already made an on-line purchase just hours into the new year.  I then paid the credit card bill and went to mail it, and needed a car tail light bulb, so I have already been to Walmart.  I hope this is not a trend for the new year.  Even stitching, it is hard for me to settle and just stitch. 

No comments: