Thursday, February 26, 2015

After 3 skeins

This is after 3 skeins of dmc used.  I needed to be at 1/3 done since I only have 9 skeins, and it looks like it could be close if I get to the end.  3 pages complete out of 12 pages.
The hoop I use is a 7 inch hoop.  I don't have a trick - but I would bet it is because I can stitch more hours than most people, especially this time of year.  I kept track of what I stitched since I last slept - I stitched 15 hours.  I have no interruptions.  I don't have kids or anybody asking anything else of me.  Now 15 hours is unusual, but I wanted to finish that skein.  But I can easily stitch 8 hours nightly, more or less.  Most people have a job, or other people expecting to be fed.  If you could just eat, sleep, do dishes and laundry and stitch....  after weeks of that, you'd think you should have more finished. 

2 comments:

nance henry said...

Wow. No interruptions?? That sounds...heavenly.... I'm actually having a little trouble imagining it.

You do beautiful work!

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

I am much the same - if I get myself organised I can stitch for many long hours. I do have a son and two Irish Setters, one only 5 months old, but still - I can stitch! By the way - what happened to your black project that was so near completion? Irene xxx