Wednesday, February 18, 2015

And then I started something new...

It was Valentine's Day - I started something new.  After 4 days, this is the result so far.
I saw it started on another blog - I wanted to try it all in one color, not the two colors suggested on the pattern.  I was not even sure I had the pattern in my stash.  So for $4 in new floss, I was on my way.
This is the first floss nearly complete, and even the bottom corner page completed.
Pattern:  Rhapsody in Red Ribbon Sampler from Sampler Cove.
Stitching on 28 count antique white evenweave from MCG Textiles, one over one.  Stitching with DMC 915 floss, which is red, but actually is a red fuchsia color.  It stitches up with the appearance of being red, so I am not sure if it will be noticed that it is not red till it is next to a piece that is maroon or dark red.  It is a color that sometimes catches the light just right, and then I can see that hint of fuchsia, but so far I only seem to notice that on the back.  Should finish at 12.5 inches square.
I am taking a break from thinking about the text on the other one, and still even considering the pattern text.  Can't let good stitching hours pass while I am considering.

1 comment:

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

Wow! Are you sure you don't have some kind of cross stitching machine hidden away? Only four days stitching here? Irene xxx