Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Do Different - Finished

Last seen before Valentine's Day, and back now completed.  This was my New Years start this year.
That was my goal - to be finished with it by March 31.
Used 8 skeins of dmc, or 64 meters.  I didn't stitch the pattern fully or exactly.  It would take possibly less than another skein to do it per the pattern design.
I changed the three boxes under the first text.  I didn't like the dog.  The dog and the rabbit have nearly the same bodies.  I mirrored the rabbit on the middle text row.  I thought the bird was just too big.  There were a couple of symmetrical errors in the pattern, but nothing huge. 
I killed off the squirrels at the bottom and the peacocks at the top.  I just preferred the empty space at the moment.  I ended up using the text per the pattern and changing the letters and spacing just slightly.  I had the bible out and looked up the Proverbs 3-3  and found that mine was slightly different -
Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.
The pattern is - Let not mercy and truth forsake thee.  Bind them about thy neck.  Write them on the tablet of your heart.
I found references saying it was both ways depending on the bible version.  I did not find something better to replace it with, and if I can find that the quote is something I can relate to, I will tend to keep it. By the end - I could relate to it.
Winter being my excuse to stitch all the time ends tonight.  So I am glad to call this one finished. 

1 comment:

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

I like the spaces too, it allows you to see the design more clearly. Two major finishes, both beautiful. Very many congratulations. Irene xxx