Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Almost...

I missed a night of stitching - too much internet...
My goal is to finish this yet tonight, which I am rapidly running out of time.  But my house is getting cleaner.
I still have not done my taxes, and I am trying to finish this, which I should have done my taxes BEFORE starting this...  I am nearly out of green again, and it is clear that if you were stitching the pattern colors you would need at least three green.  Yellow would just need one unless you radically changed it.  I started with just a scrap Whiskey to use it up - and I will not use it all. 
Errors?  That "T" in Christmas was not centered with the bar going down.  And the "A" in Christmas was shorter and with it being single stitched on one side - it looked really weak.  I thickened it up and also thickened the "M" up.  But it should be done with one stitch less to have the math work better. You would have to look at the previous photo to see the difference.  The "I" in Sing - I moved it one to the right to center it better.  I added the red centers to the Stars motif on the left - it suggested green.  Added a stitch here and there just to please my eye.  The lump of green in the middle still bothers me.  Gotta commit one way or the other - and I still don't always do that.  Change the pattern, change the colors or don't. Some things can be fixed on the fly - but some things, like the middle letters of a word like Christmas need a bit of planning to maintain spacing.  My OCD is showing....  I am not saying all these are errors, designers can build in 'fear of God' errors...  quilters do it....
But if you look at the cover photo on the pattern, that "A" in Christmas looks a bit wonky...




No comments: