Saturday, April 18, 2015

Seven Virtues finished

A shadowed photo, but it reflects closest to the finished colors.  The red is slightly redder / wine.
I am calling it done - I might need to slip a little star between - THE and VIRTUES.  I don't want to use the number. 
La-D-Da's - The Seven Virtues.  Stitched on 28 count Queen Anne's Lace, one over one.
Stitched with dmc 310 (black), dmc 902 (red), and dmc 413 (gray).
What I changed besides the floss colors - The title line - I widened the 'H'.  There was one small pattern change so one letter would match others.  I skipped the little extra stitches in the 'O''s and next to the 'L'.  I tightened up the spacing on Humility - there were extra around the 'L' and I wanted to widen the skinny H in Humility.  I removed a stitch to make the center line of the 'E's all shorter and more defined.  I made a single stitch black border instead of a two stitch width. What I have now noticed in starting to draw the next one out is that the numbers are one stitch taller in the 4, 5, 6, and 7.  I guess I stitched it that way the first time - I will stitch it the same in the next one.
I went with making it simple.  The floss with fill in the stitch gaps once I iron it and steam it slightly. Below is a photo of the pattern suggested version if you would like to compare.
I had the software to draw out The Sins version next and got in on the computer.  But I can stitch the border out without having to draw it all out first. While looking for a suggested order to put them in - I found a list of "Capital Virtues".  They are as follows and are supposed to be the answers for the Sins.  For example - Chastity is for Lust - Temperance is for Gluttonly...  Diligence is for Sloth...
The list of those is - Chastity, Generosity, Temperance, Love, Meekness, Humility, Diligence.
Interesting that lots of stitchers would probably follows those words also as descriptive of themselves.  I don't know if I want to stitch a third one...

1 comment:

Blu said...

Lovely finish! I like the changes you've made.