Friday, April 3, 2015

Sneaking in a New Start

A new project.  Simple Gifts - Christmas from Praiseworthy Stitches.
The photo colors are off from the camera flash. 
It is stitched on China Pearl Jobelan 28 count - one over one.  Using the pattern recommended floss, but not always in the suggested positions.  It should come out at about 7.5 inches by 7.25 inches. 
I got to this point when I dropped my needle in my lap, and now I can't find the dropped needle.  I certainly have other needles, but now when sitting down I expect to get stabbed.
The Weeks Dye floss Indian Summer is a beautiful mottled red.  I know I complain about little things - but this red is wonderful.  Again, the photo is making it appear darker.  The green is Weeks Dye Moss - in my opinion too light green.  I wish it went into a much darker green as the red does.  The Weeks Dye Whiskey is fine if you fussy use parts that contain the darker to get some of the darkness into the contrast.  The pattern has much of the design stitched in the green.  Again - if there was more contrast within the green floss, it would read better.  My decision to add more reds and golds instead of having so much green was made after starting in the center.  By the time I was not too far into stitching this, I realized I would like to try restitching this again with a darker green.  But this round is to learn how much floss the pattern uses.  This is three days stitching.
It just was that pattern that as soon as I saw it, I knew I HAD to stitch it. I have others in the series, but this is the first one that I have stitched. I could never decide on a floss color.  I do love that red from this pattern.  I will try for a more accurate photo to show the colors more next time. 

1 comment:

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

What a beauty. I love those colours - and it wouldn't be you if you didn't change it around a bit! Irene xxx