Monday, May 25, 2015

Books and more Books...

No stitching - just setting myself up to stitch.  It started with seeing that they were comparing Gone Girl to The Girl On The Train.  I got the Gone Girl audiobook from the library and I thought it was dull till I hit the halfway point, then the shoe dropped, and I loved it. The Girl on a Train ebook was just $7, and I decided to get it, and for another $7, you could add the audiobook.  Fine - include the audio, and I will get it listened to much sooner.  It took me three days.  Then I decided to see if I could add the audiobooks to my other ebooks - and I did for $1 - $4 on 5 ebooks.  Then I started looking thru the library audiobooks.  I could get those free and just convert them off as mp3's and set up my audiobook stash for stitching.  And after two weeks, I have added over 60 audiobooks, probably more, into my audiobook stash.  I even got to listen to a book while doing it.   I listened to Penny Marshall's book.  I could have spent $4 for the ebook and added audio total, but it got sort of mixed reviews.  But my library had the audiobook.  So I got it and it was interesting.  Getting Penny Marshall voice reading the book to me was nice, but it did take a few days to get that whine nasal voice out of my head again.  And a free library audiobook was nicer to listen to than if I had paid the $4.  My audiobook stash is now a wide range of authors and topics. 
So I am set - and ready to stitch again.  And Tuesday is $5 movie day, and we are going to see Far From The Maddening Crowd. 
And has everybody seen the cover of the Sampler and Antique Needlework latest issue?  Part one - yep, gonna have to find that... and already want part two...  ahhh, learning to wait....

No comments: