Saturday, July 4, 2015

Changes...

Things have to change.  I am stuck in a rut.  I need to be held accountable.  So I am trying something new today.  Not tomorrow.  TODAY.
I have not been stitching - I should be stitching.  The closest I have come was to take the crocheted bedspread that has a sheet liner attached and to use a seam ripper to make them two separate things again.  I washed it and the crochet tightened up lots more than the sheet shrunk.  I compare it to having a pair of pants that fit while wearing underwear 10 sizes too big.  There just was too much sheet wrinkling under the crochet.  I need to sew the hem seams back again to the sheet, but that is easy, quick, straight stitching around the outside twice.  It is one the list to do...

But I am just messed up, and I know it.  I want to clean up the sewing room.  It got stashed with things, as did every room, when I cleared out my parents house with stuff to bring home.  And I add to the mess.  So today I am going in...  with before photos...

The view from the hallway... looking in..

The view with a step into the room.... and to the middle of the room...

And the view across the table of nonsense to the hallway wall stepping into the room.  That  table contains not only a sewing machine and also a complete computer system, but stuff I can no longer find obviously...  There are quilt pins on that star quilt on the wall.  I want to go get this years pins, but I have no clue if I got last years pins... so I would like to be able to get to it, just to look - but I can't.  Really, I can't.

So I am going in...  today,   now....
If I am never seen again - you will know the story.
And I am going in with an empty garbage bag and hope - lots of hope.

*Update* hours later....
I did get to the other side of the room, and I have put a few things away.  Not tackled the table yet - a few things - glass items of my mother's in boxes were moved to another room.  This is going to take DAYS....  BUT - I at least TRIED to do something to make a difference today.  And I did stick with it for hours.  But as all women know, you start to put something away, which leads you off into putting other things away in other rooms,  and that is happening to me too. 
AND - I did turn on an audiobook that I was only halfway done with.  NOW I have finished that.  I promise there will be after photos if I can get that far....  I know there is more stuff in that room than can actually fit in that room.  I just am not sure how that part will work yet.  I know the answer is - something will have to go...

No comments: