Sunday, August 30, 2015

Stitching Away

Worked on this just a little more - but I just couldn't stay seated and stitching.
So... I started something else, but it was not what I planned to stitch next, it was just what I had the floss in a bag for.

I have spent several nights stitching this already, and it sure looks like nothing looking at this photo.
I do enough in the box to establish the box borders.  This is Carriage House - Houses of Hawks Run Hollow.  I saw the other one from this series stitched up as a sample on the wall at the local needlework shop, but I had the floss for this one, not that one.  Stitching on 28 count Queen Anne's Lace jobelan, with the suggested dmc floss, one over one.  I felt I was moving along on this - till I saw this photo.  This is kinda sad looking.

I got the floss colors suggested for the Gibson Girl pattern.  The darkest brown are very different.  The next darkest brown is also different.  The others seem pretty close.  I am confused since the pattern sure suggests black / gray, but the floss is brown / cream.  I will be curious what this looks like, but I am sure it will be started on a whim. 

No comments: