Thursday, September 3, 2015

Nearly a block done

I was curious to see how long it would take to stitch a block, and once I knew that the fabric was the correct size, it seemed safe to finish a block.  But I am not quite done with that block, it will take another night to finish it.  It is a piece that you stare at so closely that you think - this is odd, that is odd.  The peach color bird on the roof - the birds at the base, the feet and beaks are so light they don't really show, so I might need to pick a darker color and restitch.  Little things I could fuss about, but I know it is the overall design you see, not all the fussy little things you notice while stitching.  I like the piece, and I like stitching it.  It was nice to get a break from just stitching out the block boxes. 

Remember my search for out-of-print patterns that I ordered July 25?... I am still waiting.  They have put pending charges on my credit card, so I am hoping I will see patterns soon.  At least another week till I see them in my mailbox is my best guess.  Then I will need to order floss..., but I can't do that till I have the list off of the patterns....  I will order the floss from a different shop and catch it on sale, but that will mean more waiting...

No comments: