Monday, October 12, 2015

Finally a photo

Well, if I use my old tower computer instead of the laptop, I can post photos...
So it is a setting I have wrong on the laptop, but a complete mystery where on the laptop...
I just hate computer crap like that.

Back to stitching...
I had the 'Don't let your mood' completed on the Abby Rose - Mind Your Manners design, but the 'D's are stitched in a color field block - and because I stitched the letter then the surrounding color field, my letter was not standing out clearly, so I decided the answer was to stitch the color field block, then add the letter at the end.  So I picked out the stitching, and will stitch it again.  This is important to me because another pattern I got has several letters stitched in color field blocks, so learning this now, will help me from screwing this up later in a major way.  And I did change the colors - I used the suggested red, but I made the flowers that same red instead of pink, and I just used a green from my stash.  I used the different blacks, there are two or three, and I used I blue from my stash for the ABC, 123.  I DID buy and use the suggested colors for the lettering text, and the shading color block around the 'D's', I liked it on the pattern, I figured I could never match it, or make it better.  I can't really tell there is a difference in the blacks quite honestly.  The pink hoop is 5 inches across, the design is 4 inches x 2.5 inches.  Which lets you notice that stocking is NOT even 4 inches wide... 

The stocking...  yep, stitching over one makes it really narrow... 

And I started 'Time' from Midsummer Night Designs.  It is one of her new designs, and still available to order from Attic Needlework.  I am using the suggested floss, and calling it my sherbet colors floss, which is really different colors than I have stitched before.  Most of the text is in purple, and I am concerned if there will be enough floss, so I am finishing the top half, then will stitch the text.
Stitching it on antique ivory, 28 count, one over one.  I thought perhaps a light gray fabric, so I started on that, stitched a few words of text, then felt the light purple was iffy... so I started it on the antique ivory that the pattern suggested to compare.  I just felt the gray was too drab, so I picked out what I had stitched, and returned the fabric to my stash.  The only change I have made was to give the birds black eyes.  They really just needed that one stitch, and the pattern suggested nothing, but nothing made the head look odd.

In other news - I turned 55 yesterday. 
I have nothing to complain about - I am happy, healthy - both in non-standard situations.  Could be better, but could be SO much worse.  I know the difference. 

No comments: