Friday, November 13, 2015

Just the Green....

It was supposed to be - just stitch the leaf border, I want to know if I need more green...  I bought two, but there is a lot of green, lots of leaves.  The pattern does not suggest two, but there is a hill of green at the bottom, double rows of green to create levels.  Then I got side tracked and started to fill in, and I had not completed the frame.  The point was - I knew I would get sick of stitching the frame and all the leaves.  I thought I could do the frame and leaves, then come back after another finish, and I would fill in the middle having forgotten about the leaves. 

I completed three sides of the border but the left side up and down border - and it didn't match at the top left corner.  I had caught that there was an extra stitch at the bottom left corner, a four instead of a three in the repeat of the design.  I did miss the four right next to it also in that bottom corner.  So I was off one when I got to the top corner.  So I had just stitched the stem, no leaves, and had to frog and restitch the stem and find why I was off.  That took a while, I couldn't find in the pattern why I was off.  So to others with this pattern, that bottom left corner is the key where it just not repeated the same.
The top doesn't mirror the bottom, which is fine - it sort of messed up her design in the corners, and that is where I start to think - am I changing it or not.  I am just stitching the pattern.  I did change the cat slightly, and I know there will be a few wonky animals I want to adjust.  I have stitched a little more, that left side has all it's leaves now, and I am working across the bottom. 

I sometimes listen to audiobooks - they do repairs on the cable, so internet is sometimes out in the middle of the night.  I started listening to Deep Down Dark - on audiobook, about the Chilean Miners.  Great audiobook.  I'm about halfway - and I know the movie - The 33 - came out today.  I can't imagine the movie being better than the book, or having more details.  One poor guy, it was his first day down in the mine.  Another guy wanted to get an extra trip to the bottom in because he was paid per trip.  He got his lunch, and drove back down to the bottom to eat it to get that extra trip in.  It is an amazing tale, and there is some just craziness.  They finally reach the guys with the tunnel, an what do they send to them as one of the first things?  Paperwork to fill out.... before food...  pure insanity.  Very interesting book.  And it probably means I will have to go watch the movie, but the book has brought me to tears several times, I can't imagine the movie being better. 

1 comment:

Sarah L said...

Great progress! Sorry it's been a tricky one. The books sounds good. I've been planning to see the movie but maybe now I will check out the book too.