Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Filling In...

Photo with no flash - but the material is really white.
I am filling in, but it was like every strand I stitched ended up just a few stitches short of completing the tree, or the leaf or the face.  So I am trying to catch those area so I can start to call areas complete.  Today I decided to just call it a stitching day, and I have stitched 10 hours so far.

I got my dishwasher installed - I have used it twice.  It looks a little wonky, but it is level, my kitchen counter isn't anymore.  But I would rather the dishwasher fill and drain properly, than look level, and not work.  It is rated as being the same level of quiet, but it is quieter.  I am still getting used to the control buttons.  It flashes at me like - hey lady - you don't know what you are doing....  I have actually read part of the manual, but not all the manual.  I see cookie making in the near future.

I am trying to put myself on a slower spending budget.  What I spend seems to swing wildly at times - and I am sure sometimes it is from need, sometimes it is pure emotional spending from depression.  Sorting that out and seeing if I can lower my monthly averages.  But like a diet, it is an everyday thing that you can be good all month, then blow it all up in a single day, or the last day of the month.  So I am back to wearing things out, using things up.  This will be a year of finishing projects I have started, and buying only the one to two that I truly love.

No comments: