Monday, September 26, 2016

A little here, a little there...

No rhyme or reason to which direction.  That is almost the side to the left, just missing a 2 stitch wide box border.  And I still have to go up a full page yet.  I am well into the third floss.   

The town is waiting for the flood crest predicted now at 23 feet, and we are at 21 feet now.  Flood stage is 12 feet.  I am on high ground, but the grown kids of my friend have been evacuated.  News coverage is limited.  I think they finally realized that people come gawk if they show too much.  They have night curfews, National Guard, no school for the kids for three days.  Gas lines have been cut off to housing in areas likely to flood.  And the power grid was changes so if one area went underwater, it wouldn't take four more not underwater with it.  That 23 to 25 foot mark can flood level is an interesting level.  Levees are at that 22 foot mark - so at this point - they are still not sure what will happen in the next 24 to 48 hours.  In the past - they have been proud to say that nobody has been hurt.  Nobody has died.  Their goal is to say that again.  I am just stitching and staying out of the way.  The rest of the city is just trying to say - business as usual - so it's a bit disjointed. 

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Super progress! I hope your area is spared with the flooding.

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

That flooding sounds really bad. I don't blame you for hunkering down. You can really see the scale of this project now. It's looking good. Irene xx