Sunday, September 11, 2016

Finished....


A Finish!

Stitched on 25 count black lugana. 
Finished size is 7.75 x 10.25 inches.
Used 6 skeins of Weeks Dye Works floss - Whiskey is the color name -  each are 5 yard - so just under 30 yards total.
Stitched one over one.  

And I started the next stitching - that huge Long Dog Sampler - Death By Cross Stitch.  I'm stitching it on 28 count jobelan China Pearl with dmc 310 black floss, one over one.  It should finish at 13 x 16 inches.  I wanted to make a copy of the pattern to stitch from and mark on, and my printer would NOT make copies, it's not the first time, so a new printer will be delivered tomorrow.  With enough extra ink to not run out in the middle of winter.

I have been at the point that I look at my house, which to be nice is 'cluttered'.  Okay,  there are piles of crap everywhere.  So I am trying to toss things weekly as my garbage day goal.  The space that is created by tossing one thing filled with something else that was piled in a chair since last Thanksgiving in the first round.  But there were two bags of vhs tapes that left.  I took 5 printers and a scanner and keyboard to the recycle place at the landfill after ordering the replacement printer.  The desk telephone stopped working, the computer mouse broke.  I had a spare phone, the mouse replacement was ordered.  Fix, Repair, Replace is indeed the trend this year.  But it's breaking at a speed that allows me to not feel overwhelmed.  I replace the computer battery today.  Like some of us, it didn't remember what the time was, what the date was, what year it was.  So my computer is back together again after days.  And working... most importantly.  But I look around thinking - okay what's going to break next?  And I pick up a little around the computer and make it a bit less of a pile and clutter but far from organized.  It wasn't created in a day, it won't get better in a day either.  I alway just say - it's a start. 

2 comments:

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

Hi, I haven't commented for ages, but I always read your blog and admire your work. Love the colour of this one. Good luck with your next - it's a biggy! Irene xxx

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on your Ink Circles finish! It is stunning. Look forward to seeing your progress on Death by Cross Stitch. I should adopt your motto as mine -- the clutter wasn't created in a day and it won't get decluttered in a day. Enjoy your week!