Thursday, April 20, 2017

Enough!


Okay - did you ever see a pattern, and just find it interesting, even though it's maybe not the usual style for you.  And maybe it's a new fabric to try... a new stitch...  stitching over one for a part of it would be new for you.... or maybe stitching over two is not the usual for your stitching.....maybe the floss is new...  but there is something, or a combination of things, and you just keep looking at it over and over and over....

And you know you don't need it.  It's not your style.  But you start to see that it might be a challenge.  Not a mountain to climb type of challenge.  But stepping outside the thing that you find really easy to do.  Something you look at, and the math is different... so how much floss do you really need?  And if you stitch it over two, with two - for me - that would be different.  But what if I didn't stitch it two over two... what if a single stitch is now really still one over one - so one stitch is four... like they do on faces and skin.  What if you did that on the whole pattern...  I've done that on something small - not skin, just the pattern.  But certainly not on something large.  Does that double the floss?  More? Less than double?   It would have to take more - but I'm not sure...
See, a challenge.  Because I'm not sure.

So I broke - this will be my challenge project to buy.  It started because it's a new fabric for me, in a count that most people would turn their nose up at.  So the fact that it was that count fabric - it might be in my path just for me...  because it's also the color the pattern was done on and and the same fabric dyer, just a different count.  And the fabric would have all sold out because the pattern was sold so much there really is no fabric left - but there is this odd count that I would find interesting to try this on.  It would take me forever - but would it work? - I am not used to counting to two - oh, it would be a challenge, because I'm taking it, and making it harder...  making every single stitch now four tiny stitches, which would take it back to a finer detail again...  would it look different?  well, skin on those girls does - so it should... maybe once I see it - I'll think something different.  But I want to try - I want to play with that idea...  I don't need it - I keep wanting to try a slightly different angle and version...  It would be like thinking - lets' try it on gauze...

It doesn't matter which pattern I'm talking about - it would be a different pattern for each of us. 

I ordered it all, the pattern, the fabric, the fancy floss.
I won't know till I try.  And I want to try - it's an expensive test of - can I do it?
But I've done this with other things.  Just not lately.  I'm never sure if it will work or not.  If I can or not.  But if stitching doesn't work - I'm pretty sure - nothing awful happens.

But it has to be the end of my binge.  It's enough.   The next thing I post will have to be a finish.  I want to go back to - use it up, wear it out.  I've had fun, I've restocked.  I'm happy with what I've got.  It's not all here yet.  But I have enough.
***and the next morning.... I ordered more...  Which I think completes my whole, want/wish list.  It had better...

No comments: