Monday, April 17, 2017

Fabrics for Robin...

Okay Robin - here's your close ups...

It's all 28 count - some jobelan, lugana, and cashel.  I knew that the lugana and jobelan would not dye as deep or as mottled.  I had never stitched on cashel, let alone, washed, dyed and pulled wonky and out of shape cashel. 
It might help if you know the patterns I was planning to put on it - then you can picture just how far off  I might be.  So consider those old Lavender and Lace angels - there were seasons with wings.  I am trying for Winter and Autumn here.  So - blues, and then deep greens. 
And the Courtney- Knightmare,  knights helmet.   That was the grays...
There was the Jenny Bean Halloween - the house and graveyard - it says vintage barley - which was the same dmc  number as the marbled clay in the photo - it sucks, and I knew it might  Clay is something on the tires, not something I want to stitch on. 

that is jobelan 28 ct Babbling Brook - Both of them - my older scrap shows what I expected when I ordered more.... for the winter angel. 
That is PTP Nocturn cashel 28ct - it said it was a floss in the angle - it is way more gray than blue - some people do consider it for Knightmare - but think it is too dark to then stitch black on it.   Way too gray for a winter blue angle.
This is PTP Herald cashel 28ct.  It had the floss laying on it to show it's really dmc 501 and 502.  The autumn angel is that floss in her banner - I couldn't have gotten it closer - it is EXACTLY that color.

The darkest is  PTP Cyprium 28 ct cashel.  It  is exactly what the pattern suggests. 
The piece with the patterns on it - that's PTP Wren cashel 28 ct.  It is what the LaDDa calls for - but it's much darker.  It does look like it would be a match for the Spring pattern.  Looks exactly like that photo - but that not what they call out either. 
Bottom center - clay marbled jobelan 28 ct  -not really a Jenny Bean Halloween fit.

That gray in the corner - oh - that looks exactly like the LaDDa photo - it's Dense Fog jobelan. 
Here is a slightly different angle -
Dense Fog Jobelan 28ct.   I thought maybe Knightmare - but  it's at least the LaDDa - I like the cover photo. 
The Pink - that's PTP Diva - in Lugana 28 ct.  I wanted the wine version - Huntress - but it was backordered so this was the pink version -Diva.
The upper one is PTP Dapple cashel 28ct.  It is what Knightmare might be stitch on and darker than the Dense Fog below it, and the PTP Nocturn cashel to the right to compare. 
A wider shot - the upper three are PTP cashel - the lower two - jobelan.
And you can see that the Nocturn looks more dark than a winter angel should be. And black against it - probably not, too dark.  It's all lovely - but sometimes not for what I have in mind. 

I'll give you a list of what I now have coming from PTP fabrics
I ordered that stupid PTP wine colored Huntress in cashel.
And Doubloon lugana,
And Dapple lugana,
And Sand lugana,
And Legacy lugana.  
And Brash lugana,

and I just got the email that my PTP Huntress in lugana shipped today. 
The photo fabrics all came from 1,2,3 Stitch, except the Wren which was ABC Stitch. 
I know the PTP on lugana will not be as deep or mottled.  But I know I might find it more comforting to stitch on.  I'm looking forward to seeing what they send me... And if  it's slightly lighter - I'm fine with that idea.  Wren in lugana might be the answer to darker dye lots at the moment.   But I am not in a hurry - the patterns aren't here- the floss isn't here. 
That's the end of the fabric for today... back to stitching... 

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Thank you for taking the time to do the pictures of the fabrics and the narratives with each one. I have some of the wren, dense fog and few others in my fabric drawers and baskets. Enjoy your day of stitching!