Sunday, May 28, 2017

And the stitching is done...

Laying next to each other...  the larger one is 4 x 4.25 inches.
And the smaller ones are 2.5 x 2.75 inches each.
Finished.  Threadworks Primitives - Never Fading.
Used suggested  GAST floss.   Stitched on 28ct Bone jobelan, one over one. 

Only one thing I'd have wanted to know if I was considering buying this pattern.  If you plan to only stitch the larger design, then it only uses three colors, not four.  It uses 'Blackboard' for all the dark, but not 'Otter Creek'.  But the smaller one used "Otter Creek" for the dark parts, but not 'Blackboard' at all.  The gray is barely used - like two single strand lengths per item....  any gray would have done... or even a red or flower color of your choice...  The only change I made was to stitch the star in a different color on second fob.  And on the large one the star is filled in with the gray, but I liked it fine without filling it in.

But it was a simple nice stitch.  I liked the look of it, still do.  But at $2.40 a floss - I'd wanna know.  I could have used a simple black dmc - but I'll admit, I like the 'Blackboard', and I stitch with black ALL the time.  So I don't have a problem paying for that fancy black even, - but the gray - or finding out I'm not even using the "Otter Creek' cause I only want the large design...  yeah, I'd have never bought their patterns again...  It was totally random I decided to stitch the fobs, and stitched them first.    

2 comments:

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

Oh, I so agree with you about designers using thread like this. I stitched a design which asked for a specific colour GAST thread which are not easily available here in the UK, we always have to order online. The design required this thread for two stitches in the bird's eye! If the designer would say 'I used this, but any dark grey would do' I would be much more likely to buy her designs again. Your samplers are very nice though! Irene x

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on your finishes! Some designers do and some designers don't inform about the thread coverage/usage for overdyes.