Sunday, June 11, 2017

Calling it 'Done'

I'm calling it 'Done'.  Omitting the single stitch square border, the year, and initials.
If you put on a border like that, you are limited on the frame.  Without it, even a round frame would work.  Sometimes, simple works better. 

Finished about 5 inches each way at the wide points. 
Stitched one over one with the suggested floss on 28ct Dove Gray jobelan.  There is a slight variation in the photo of the Bayberry green floss in the leaves.  In real life, you can't really see it at all.  Changed that up and down line in the bowl to be darker.  Other than that - it's the pattern. 
It wasn't what I expected, it's different, but that's fine.  I have gotten several versions of the suggested wren fabric in  both cashel and lugana, and I liked the pattern photo, so went with a gray and not wren, which is much more brown. 

2 comments:

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

Another lovely finish. I have this chart myself, heaven knows when I will get it done. What next for you? Irene xx

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on your finish! I like it without the border. Look forward to seeing what you work on next!