Thursday, October 30, 2008

Quaker Virtues - Stitching Completed

Here is a photo of Quaker Virtues with the stitching completed.
I corrected the design in the upper right angle design because there were mistakes in the pattern. I stitched the same idea of a design so that it would fit into the same space, but I may have added or lost a few stitches in doing that, so it's not an exact match for the pattern.
Actually there were several mistakes in the pattern that I've just corrected as I've stitched. I replaced one motif on the right bottom side. The original design has butterflies, but it wasn't balanced to my eye, so I changed it. I've chosen to omit all the lower case letters, just as a personal choice. If I felt that left a gap, I may have filled it in with a few stitches of something else. I may have changed a letter slightly to please my eye, like the capital G, but I don't count that as a pattern error.
This photo isn't an exact sample of what the pattern would look like if you stitched it, but it will give you a better idea than if you just have the Quaker Virtues pattern cover photo to go by...
I thought that this came out about the size of a table place mat.

Stitched on 28 count, one over one, with dmc black.
I am matting it with black suede into a 16 x 20 frame, and will take a final photo when it's done.
It was a very nice design, and a pleasure to stitch, and I'm looking forward to seeing future patterns from the same designer.....

No comments: