1 day ago
Monday, May 27, 2013
Considering putting a different name and date on the design...
Okay, like the design, but the fun is gone from stitching stars at this point...
I would guess I am more than half done with the stars, but I know there is another whole row of stars across the top.
Things are still moving along cleaning at my mom's. The neighbor guy has a buddy interested in buying my mom's house. But because I have a realtor - the guy won't talk to me directly - and I have not signed papers with the realtor guy because I did not expect to try to sell it till after the auction - so the buddy interested in the house can't do a walk thru till the realtor has signed papers. The realtor needs his supervisor to do something to get the papers because I am bringing the buyer to the deal, and that guy is sick - plus the holiday.
If the guy would have just talked to me - we could have had this over and done with and he could have walked thru and either been interested or not. He knows there will be an auction and the house is a mess - it is not a 'showing' by any means, it is a - 'look where you put your foot so you don't fall or step on something' - walk thru. Have all the stuff off the bathroom walls to get them ready to fill nail holes and paint eventually. The bathroom looks like the before of a remodeling show. The bedrooms are filled with stuff, not usual bedroom stuff, but stuff so the morning of an auction, we are prepped to just grab it and walk stuff outside to be sold. The dining room floor is covered in flats and boxes of dishes - again so the auctioneer can see them for the flyer, and so the morning of the auction we can set up a bucket brigade and just pass the boxes from one person to the next and right out the door...
And the garage is an accident waiting to happen - stuff all over the floor out there. We are still sorting.
And it is still a working house - and all the usual yard stuff.
And now the weather is suppose to rain for nine days in a row... and it is cold and damp.
Roads are flooding in some small towns around us after just 3 days of rain, and some rain earlier last week.
Locally, it will be at flood stage. And then we will add several more days of rain on top of that.
And I am already telling the realtor guy that this guy will not be the buyer from mom's house - and he will feel like a waste of time in the end. I know it has to play out, and he will walk thru - then he will offer or not - and I will say - Thanks for the offer, but no thank you, and you can consider the house back off the market till after the auction. The realtor has told the guy I will negotiate. Unless he offers me exactly what I told him the price of the house is - then there is no deal. He is getting the chance to buy the house before it is listed to the public. If he would like a few items to stay like a garage work bench - that otherwise might be sold at auction, I will work with him on that... But I think the price is sound. And I suppose it is part of the realtor's job to say I will negotiate - but basically at this point - I am not motivated to negotiate. If the guy thinks I am looking for a 'quick sale' as motivation to get away from that house - it will be about two years by the time the auction is over, and I finally get the house listed for sale, since my mom died. Two years is not 'quick'.
And I am prepared to sit on if for another year to get the right buyer - what's two years verses three at this point??? Not many people could sit on a house for that long - or take that long to prep for an auction. And up until just this last week - we are till touching things we have not touched before... because there is just so much stuff, and just me with one person helping me. Thankfully she is an organizing machine - but it is insane, and we are not done yet.