I had gone to buy the fancy floss to get the moon color to have some variations in it. And I stitched part of it in, slightly less than is shown above - but the floss just blended into the fabric way too much, so I frogged it out and went with the dmc 745.
But I needed a break, so I wanted to try the LaDDa pattern on the Dapple cashel. But I had to restart it three times to get me this far. And I was frustrated with the fabric again... It's beautiful, but stitching it one over one - is sort of a job, not a relaxing thing. But this is just playing with it for a single evening.
So I took another day to play with it again, on Dove Gray 28 ct jobelan. And I did not have to unstitch, it was relaxing. Maybe the fabric shrinks just enough in the dying progress to cross me over into a something I can't stitch on comfortably. Or something I can't quite get the floss to lay flat on. Over two might be the answer. But so is just a plain 28 count fabric. And maybe it's the cashel - is just not evenweave enough - I need to try the 28 count dyed lugana yet. Maybe a dyed and shrunken 25 count gets me a 28 count after shrinking. I know trying to stitch over one on a 32 count was just as frustrating as this is - so I'm suspecting it's a fine line of a thread laying flat for me or not, and still wanting to stitch one over one to keep the overall project size to something smaller - which will immediately double in size if I start to stitch one over two. Learning what works and knowing it's a person by person answer is part of this. It's just playing around with fabric and floss. If I let it frustrate me too much, it's not going to be fun anymore. So both of these are just a night of playing around. A little fabric and some dmc to see what it looks like.