Monday, August 28, 2017

Colors

This is the first skein and the slight bit I have left of it.  So far, so good.  Just stitching the pattern.
This is the mail today, the Colour and Cotton sale floss.   Color is Black Currant.
But the weird part - it doesn't look like this photo.  I too see purple in this photo.  I'm saying that it is NOT the color this photo seems to show.  I buy things from photos other people show - so I am saying - it is NOT this color in real life.  It's is lovely, not whining,  not complaining.  I'm saying my camera has a mind of it's own.  Not a clue what I will use it for, maybe a mono-color Long Dog. 

Friday, August 25, 2017

And the next day....

Okay, this is my start on that book pattern, Marie - Lucie by Muriel Brunet.
Just for my info - Weeks Dye Works  - Merlot - one over one, on 28 count China Pearl jobelan.

Merlot from Weeks is pretty close to the Bandana from Classic Colorworks that I am using for Summer at Cherry Hill.  Mostly I just wanted to do the frame on this,  since it is a nice repeat and a no chart needed thing to do.

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Thursday... and the book arrived...

 I got the french pattern book in the mail today that I ordered from Germany.    From Abebooks dot com.  
 This was the pattern that I wanted...  It was one day short of a month to get here.  Which was fine.  Looks like the price has jumped up now - you might find a better deal at a different seller.

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

It is a start...

A photo that looks nearly accurate -
It is just a start - from the stash. 
I like the different red.  But I used the suggested for the stems and the grass, and they say on the pattern to use the dark parts and to fussy cut to get that stem dark - but it is still too close to the grass color.  I am probably gonna have to change those stems in the grass area. 
On PTP Sand -but the luguna 28 version, not linen.  One over one. 

Sunday, August 20, 2017

It's finished....

It's finished.  A wonky photo, but it is just my crap camera skills.  It used just the two skeins of each color of the 12 ply silk to finish.  But I am stitching one over one, on 28 count jobelan. 
There is just one mistake on the pattern.  On the first page - it's got missing stitches on a stem if you want all 8 flowers to match. 
Mostly I am just glad that it is done.  

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

And then there was just one...

And then there was just one more.

I'm trying to finish this one.  Widening it still appeals to me, but not right now.

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Just 2 More Parts

Just two more parts to go - one band, and that top repeat of the bottom area.
Ordered part 2 of the Schoolhouse series, and Life after Death, and a couple more charts.  I could not make up my mind about Life after Death.  I think the name finally got to me.