Monday, November 13, 2017

Lovely Little Pattern

A finish!  Earthly Treasures from Plum Street Samplers.  Stitched on a scrap of Wichelt Jobelan 28 count antique white, one over one, using the suggested Weeks Dye Works flosses. 
Finished size is 4 x 4 5/8 inches.  
I did the face twice.  It is stitched over one on the pattern, and I stitched the whole thing over one, meaning I was gonna have to wing it on the face.  I did split threads to get the lips right.  I did adjust a few things to please my eye, but nothing huge.  It's a lovely little pattern that stitches up quickly with a nice result.  It feels and looks balanced to my eye, yet it is not symmetrical.  Which is everything I like in a pattern.  And I liked the verse.
This is my first Plum Street pattern finish, but I do have several kitted up.  And I liked it enough to order a couple more with the suggested floss.

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a super finish! Glad you enjoyed it!